Advanced Technology Institute Student Housing in Coastal Virginia
Coastal Virginia – A great place to live. An even greater place to go to school.
Off-campus housing makes an education accessible to students from outside of the Coastal Virginia area.
The goal of student housing services is to provide safe, maintained, and cost effective rooming options so students can focus solely on their education. Student housing offers a strong sense of community by surrounding you with likeminded individuals who share similar career goals.
Typical off-campus housing includes a furnished two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment in a quiet community located near restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, shops and most importantly campus. The apartment can accommodate up to four students at a time. Every community includes a swimming pool and fitness center. Housing fees include utilities (excessive usage fees may apply) and internet access!
A Housing Representative is available to assist you with your application and answer any questions you may have about different housing options. Student Housing and Student Services maintain office hours to assist with roommate matters, maintenance items, or facilitate apartment transfers.
About Coastal Virginia
Interested in pursuing your education in a place where others vacation?
Coastal Virginia is a popular destination nestled in the heart of southeastern Virginia, perfect for those looking to explore and unwind. It is the site of numerous parks, piers, beaches, museums, marinas, stadiums, restaurants, shops and more. Best known for its natural beauty, glistening shorelines, picturesque towns, and friendly people, Coastal Virginia offers a unique mix of city living with a small town feel where you get to experience the best of both worlds. Charming, vibrant, laid back or active, there is truly something for everyone in the hidden gem that is Coastal Virginia.
Discover the best things to do in Coastal Virginia:
- Town Center: http://vabeachtowncenter.com/
- Waterside District: https://watersidedistrict.com/
- Norfolk Botanical Gardens: https://norfolkbotanicalgarden.org/
- Nauticus Featuring the Battleship Wisconsin: https://nauticus.org/
- Virginia Zoo: http://virginiazoo.org/
- Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center: https://www.virginiaaquarium.com/Pages/default.aspx
- Virginia Museum of Contemporary Arts: http://www.virginiamoca.org/
- Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater at Virginia Beach
- First Landing State Park: http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/first-landing
- Norfolk Tides: https://www.milb.com/norfolk
- Norfolk Admirals: https://www.norfolkadmirals.com/en/
- Mount Trashmore
- Virginia Beach Boardwalk
- Norfolk Premium Outlets: https://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/norfolk
- Hunt Club Farm: www.huntclubfarm.com
- Children’s Museum of Virginia: http://childrensmuseumvirginia.com/
Typical Student Housing Apartment Example
Student Housing is designed to accommodate four (4) students of the same sex per two (2) bedroom two (2) bath apartment.
All apartments come furnished with:
Sofa, chair or love seat, coffee and side tables, lamps, four (4) twin beds, two (2) large or four (4) small dressers, nightstands, dining room table with four (4) chairs. Apartments will also have a washer/dryer, community pool and a community fitness center.
The Housing fee covers Rent, utilities (electric) up to $110.00 (overages to be paid by students equally), internet and Furniture rental.
To make a payment, please click here: Make an Online Payment
Eligibility & Housing Policies
To be eligible for student housing, students must meet the following criteria:
- Has lived more than 50 miles from campus for at least 1 year prior to their program start date. (Students from the Eastern Shore are considered eligible for student housing.)
- Pass a background check with no history of felonies or drug-related infractions. Misdemeanors (not drug related) will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Agree to abide by all student-housing policies, rules and procedures.