Once again, Advanced Technology Institute (ATI) has been recognized as a Military Friendly® School. An annual list compiled by Victory Media – publisher of G.I. Jobs® and Military Spouse – it includes only colleges and universities dedicated to meeting the unique needs of military and veteran students. To select schools, Victory Media established a comprehensive set of criteria to measure how well an institution:
- Engages the prospective military student in a recruiting environment
- Educates the military student once he or she is part of the school
- Employs the military student in meaningful employment
This is done by analyzing data from a wide range of government sources, including the U.S. Departments of Veteran Affairs, Labor, Defense, and Education, along with proprietary data collected through Military Friendly® surveys. Specifically, they are looking for schools that:
- Provide academic credit for military service
- Create a culture of collaboration, service and philanthropy
- Identify and nurture military-friendly partnerships
- Accommodate disabled military students
- Understand financial aid benefits for military students
- Achieve retention and graduation goals for military students
- Improve career outcomes for military student graduates
- Measure and evaluate program success
- Create academic programs and services for military students
- Retain, support, and develop military students
Finally, survey editors confirm that the institution has three or more of the following federal programs in operation and good standing:
- Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (provision of the Post-9/11 GI Bill)
- VA’s Principles of Excellence
- Federal Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- Armed Forces Tuition Assistance (TA) Funding
- Eight Keys to Veterans’ Success
- DoD Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Tuition Assistance
- Service members Opportunity Colleges Network
- Veteran Success on Campus (VSOC) Program
The resulting list is designed to offer military and veteran students the latest, most comprehensive information possible as they decide how to use their veteran education benefits. At ATI, we too are dedicated to ensuring that those students get the best possible outcome.
Here, we help them earn the education needed to work in the automotive, HVAC, welding and commercial driving professions.
At ATI, our students learn by doing, just like in the military. Our hands-on instruction helps reinforce what’s learned in the classroom and can increase retention. And as graduation approaches, we begin working with our students to help prepare them for the job search.
Do you want to be ready to work in an exciting new profession? You can if you’re ATI Ready. Want to learn more, contact us today!