There are thousands of technical colleges throughout America, so being ranked in the top 25 is a pretty big deal. That’s why we are proud to announce that in its recently-released annual survey, Military Times has ranked Advanced Technology Institute (ATI) as Best for Vets. These rankings are based on survey responses to 150 questions centered on current and former service members and their families.
Survey editors evaluated those responses based on what veteran and military service members indicate is important to them. Other factors include data from the Veterans Affairs and Defense departments, as well as three Education Department sources: the IPEDS Data Center, College Scorecard data and the Cohort Default Rate Database. Final results are based on how institutions compare across five categories:
- University culture
- Student support
- Academic quality and outcomes
- Academic policies
- Cost and financial aid
At ATI, we are dedicated to helping both veterans and active-duty military members earn the education needed to work in the automotive, HVAC, welding and commercial driving professions. This is evidenced by the wide array of veteran programs in which we participate and awards we have received, including:
- Veterans Administration Educational Benefits – approve all degree, diploma and certificate programs
- Yellow Ribbon Program – Allows institutions of higher learning in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the Veterans Administration to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. The institution can contribute up to 50 percent of those expenses and the Veterans Administration will match the same amount as the institution.
- Military Friendly School – Created by the publisher of G.I. Jobs® and Military Spouse, this designation provides service members with transparent, data-driven ratings about post-military education and career opportunities.
- Virginia Values Veterans Certified – Designation demonstrates to the Commonwealth of Virginia that we value veterans, and have made a public commitment to hire Veterans into their workforce.
Most importantly, ATI offers veterans an academic environment that they find quite familiar. At ATI, you learn by doing. Small classes and hands-on instruction reinforces what you learn in the classroom and increases retention. As graduation approaches we work with our students to help prepare them for the job search. Career service advisors are there to help students identify employers with open positions, then assist them with preparing their resume, writing cover letters, and practicing for interviews.
No matter what branch of the military you may have served, you were always taught to be ready. At ATI, it’s no different. When you graduate, we want you to be more than ready, we want you to be ATI Ready!
You must be logged in to post a comment.